Why work for Masters of Pie?
Be part of an ambitious startup whose pioneering technology is being implemented into some of the largest CAD software packages on the planet and is already being used by world renowned engineering companies to understand their complex datasets. We provide quantifiable value for our aerospace, automotive and manufacturing customers who want to use next generation virtual and augmented reality technologies to revolutionise the way they work. VR/AR technology provides enormous greenfield opportunities for ambitious developers and here at Masters of Pie you be will encouraged to push the potential of this technology as far as possible.
You can enjoy an experimental environment that promotes responsibility and ownership over parts of the platform. Networking is a key component of our technology, and the role of communication and connecting the workforce in new ways is an area we place immense value in. You will work alongside a talented, motivated team who believe in efficient, disciplined development coupled with a design centric approach to building out features and functionality that are highly valuable to our customers and OEM partners.
Despite the fast-paced startup environment you will be supported by very experienced developers who share a passion for VR/AR technology and are eager to build the enterprise tools of the future. We pride ourselves on aiming to work only 40 hour weeks, placing a priority on a work/life balance despite working hard and having fun solving tough technical challenges.
As part of our team you can expect to:
- Maintain and extend our custom networking API for VR/AR product.
- Solve a wide variety of challenging networking and architectural problems with the support of the tech lead.
- Work with a multi talented team that focus from the top down, driving all feature development from our design vision ,the user & the new opportunities that VR/AR provides.
What we are looking for:
- 8+ years commercial working experience in software development.
- 5+ years commercial experience building & maintaining enterprise networking environments.
- Excellent knowledge of C# and .NET 4.5 or better.
- Excellent knowledge of Google protocol buffers.
- Excellent understanding of TLS, networking experience other than HTTP and time critical messaging.
- Experience and familiarity with working practices such as Agile, Lean, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and DevOps.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrable industry experience.
- Passionate about VR & AR technology.
Bonus points but not essential:
- Experience working with a CDN.
- Experience in C++ (with focus on OOP), Lua & other embedded scripting languages.
- Experience developing VR/AR applications.