Why work for Masters of Pie?
Be part of an ambitious startup whose pioneering technology is being implemented into some of the largest CAD software packages on the planet and is already being used by world renowned engineering companies to understand their complex datasets. We provide quantifiable value for our aerospace, automotive and manufacturing customers who want to use next generation virtual and augmented reality technologies to revolutionise the way they work. VR/AR technology provides enormous greenfield opportunities for ambitious developers and here at Masters of Pie you be will encouraged to push the potential of this technology as far as possible.
You can enjoy an experimental environment that promotes responsibility and ownership over parts of the platform. Efficient, disciplined, development is coupled with a design centric approach to building out features and functionality that are highly valuable to our customers and OEM partners. The big challenge of any new hardware platform like VR/AR is to identify the value it can bring to users and execute these software solutions rapidly. This is at the heart of everything we do.
Despite the fast-paced startup environment you will be supported by very experienced developers who share a passion for VR/AR technology and are eager to build the enterprise tools of the future. We pride ourselves on aiming to work only 40 hour weeks, placing a priority on a work/life balance despite working hard and having fun solving tough technical challenges.
As part of our team you can expect to:
- Be comfortable working with many areas of code such as tools, plugins, physics and graphics.
- Help expand and maintain our core engine and API.
- Working with the tech lead to implement our architectural plan.
- Work as the senior-level generalist and be comfortable with being the “go-to” person for a certain platform or feature.
- Work with a multi talented team that focus from the top down, driving all feature development from our design vision, the user & the new opportunities that VR/AR provides.
What we are looking for:
- 10+ years commercial working experience in software development.
- 5+ years commercial working experience in 3D engine development.
- Understanding of 3D math.
- Enjoys jumping into lots of different systems, tackling everything from entire systems to random tasks.
- Strong knowledge of C# (will also consider excellent C++ knowledge).
- Experience writing code that balances performance and maintainability.
- Experience and familiarity with working practices such as Agile, Lean, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrable industry experience.
- Direct experience in developing and maintaining an engine and API.
- Passionate about VR & AR technology.
Bonus points but not essential:
- Experience working with 3D CAD engines would be advantageous.
- Experience working with multithreaded, real-time systems.
- OpenGL and DirectX experience.
- Experience in C++ (with focus on OOP), Lua & other embedded scripting languages.
- Experience developing VR/AR applications.
- Developed open source projects.
- Worked with a game engine such as Unity or Unreal.