Competitive + share options
Be part of an ambitious startup with a design focused approach to building VR software. Our pioneering technology is being implemented into some of the largest CAD software packages on the planet and is already being used by world renowned engineering companies. We provide quantifiable value for our aerospace, automotive and manufacturing customers who want to use next generation virtual and augmented reality technologies to revolutionise the way they work.
You can enjoy a creative environment where team members are encouraged to take an active role in guiding the direction of the platform. You will not be on your own though as you will have direct support from the founders who have many years experience in both enterprise and virtual reality and who recognise the importance in design as a critical part of building intuitive, beautiful and more importantly valuable VR/AR applications for the workplace.
Being the Lead UX, you will have the opportunity to build a VR/AR centric UX team and foster a design driven community within Masters of Pie as the company continues to grow over the next 12 months and beyond.
As part of our team you can expect to:
- Understand the greenfield opportunities and implications VR/AR technology brings to HCI.
- Be a strategic thinker who solves problems through research, exploration and experimentation. You will deliver work in short iterative cycles aligning with agile processes currently used in the business.
- Be driving the product design, delivery and working closely with product managers, designers and developers in a highly technical environment.
- Defining success metrics to test impacts of new features & functionality with customers.
- Communicate designs through flows, customer journeys, wireframes and prototypes to support cross-disciplinary team communication, collaboration, and development.
- Have the confidence to work closely with our customers and OEM partners and extract valuable data that can influence future product features and functionality.
- Planning, designing and preparing a range of user research activities to support the design, development and continuous improvement of our VR/AR technology.
- Clearly communicating user research findings to help the team and wider organisation develop a deep understanding of the users, their needs and how VR/AR technology can effectively fill these.
- Help grow the Design/UX team as the company expands.
What we are looking for:
- 10+ years commercial working experience in software development.Candidates with either a 3D multiplayer games design or commercial 3D application background will be strongly considered.
- Comprehensive understanding of 3D & spatial design.
- 5+ years experience in a user experience design or games designer role.
- Has executed user research methodologies to understand user desired outcomes.
- Understand the implications of prototyping for VR/AR product with today’s tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HCI, Cognitive Science, User Centered Design or equivalent demonstrable industry experience.
- Understanding of Agile and Lean methodologies.
- A passion for VR & AR technology is an absolute must.
Bonus points but not essential:
- Ability to quickly prototype ideas with an engine like Unity, unreal or with VR tools such as Tiltbrush / Tvori.
- Experience in designing enterprise software product.